Monday, September 22, 2008

Spotting, week of May 16, 2004

I started spotting a dark brown color. This was very concerning to me because this is what always happens prior to my menstruation. During that time, I will spot a dark brown color for about 5-7 days prior to my actual period. I was nervous about this spotting as it wasn't unfamiliar to me.

I called my doctor to ask about it, and they said that they didn't need to see me or check anything out unless I was having severe cramps, bleeding through more than one pad an hour, or passing tissue. I was told that since the color was dark that it was old blood. That didn't totally make sense to me since in my experience with menstruation, it was a lead up to a bigger flow. At any rate, they wouldn't see me.

I continued to have this spotting for several days. This culminated on Sunday, May 23rd when it became full bleeding (one week after Mother's Day).

I noticed that during that week of spotting, one of the roses that Carol gave me was wilting and dying. Just one. I pondered the significance.

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

I have to say that I think the picture of a dead rosebud actually looks like a dead fish (the rain drop on the tip is his eye). It's weird.

Aside from that, I am glad to read what you have written. It's very enlightening to me and is sure to help others going through similar things.

Lara Zierke said...

Tomorrow, October 15 is the National Day of Remembrance for pregnancy and infant loss. This blog is doing a day of prayer for anyone who wants to participate in remembering miscarriages, stillbirths, or lost infants. It might be a topic for you to blog about tomorrow.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/10/october-15.html