Thursday, September 11, 2008

What to do next? Early May 2004

As any first time pregnant woman would do, I spent hours thinking of baby names. Aaron and I had already decided that if it was a girl, we would name her Kensington. We were thinking of Ashton for a boy. Now that our families knew the news, everyone was offering advice. My sister, Stephanie, made sure that I knew to call an OB to get an appointment set up. I found one close by who was a woman, Dr. Brown. I called for an appt. and was surprised to find out that they didn't want to see me until my 12th week. That was standard procedure they said, doctors just don't see pregnant women prior to 12 weeks. I thought that was weird, but hey, I was new at this and if that's what they said then I guess that's the norm!

Aaron had just secured a job in Orange County, CA, with Deloitte, upon graduation in December. He would actually start the first week in January. Hmmmm, how would we do that? The baby would be born January 3rd. We came up with plans that we would stay in SLC until the baby was born and then he would have to immediately move out to California. I would stay behind for a few weeks with our new baby until I was up to moving.

It was getting really hard to keep this secret from my friends, especially when people asked me where I was going to work or what I would do after graduation. My secret was that I wasn't going to work anywhere, I'd be at home with our new baby. There were a lot of plans to be made, but we were already making them. I was feeling sick all the time now and was very, very tired. Google let me know that these were all standard pregnancy symptoms. It wasn't very fun managing my work and school load feeling the way I felt. Oh well, the excitement of the pregnancy numbed the discomforts.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ok Jules, I totally like the name Kensington and I am voting for it if you have a girl. Soo cute! I hope you are still doing well. I am enjoying your new blog.